By Mphikeleli Msibi Sports Editor | 2019-06-12
SOCCER - AS Mbabane Swallows funds misuse investigations intensify, more officials and a former technical bench member have been fingered to have had a hand in the embezzlement of funds.
Although, initially the scam, which has torn the red and white giants, only pointed to one official, further investigations have implicated at least three more officials, including a former member of the technical bench. Highly-placed sources in the Birds nest have revealed that, ‘heads will roll’, as the team seek to get to the bottom of the matter. “Primary investigations have revealed that at least three officials acted in common cause to swindle the team of thousands of Emalangeni, which were undeclared to the team’s boss Princess Lungile,” said an insider in the team. Swallows, as reported by this newspaper, have been swift in launching investigations following the expose that thousands of Emalangeni were swindled by one of the team’s top officials. The affected players, whose clearance fees were allegedly swindled are Felix ‘Fela’ Badenhorst, Sandile ‘Nkomishi’ Ginindza, Sanele Mkhweli, Stanley Umukoro, Siphamandla Mathenjwa and Stevy Nzambe, among others. “Princess Lungile wants to get to the bottom of the matter as investigations are still going. Very soon the said official will be exposed, it’s only matter of time.” The source said these said officials are even afraid to go and meet the princess in as far as the matter is concerned. “The good thing is that the signatories are known in the team, and it will be easy to get to the bottom of this matter. It is simple here, these officials must just produce the money to make Gamedze,” said the source.
He said the issue was now even derailing progress in the team, as they should be focusing on something else. “These officials should be ashamed of themselves. How do you do this to a widow – uyenta njani nje intfo lenjena kumfelokati? The time is near when Princess Lungile will name and shame these officials,” said the source. On another note, the source said the team would be beefing up the squad for the new season. “It’s the off-season and like all other teams, Mbabane Swallows will be looking at adding depth in all the departments in the team. There are a few players who have already been identified, but I cannot reveal their names for now.” The source said as soon as everything was finalised, the players would be announced. Team PRO Jackson Dlamini, when reached on the matter said he did not want to say anything as the internal investigations were still on-going. Regarding the beefing up of the team, Dlamini said they had already identified the players they wanted and those who would be leaving the team. “We have compiled a list of the players we want and those to leave the team. It’s only that we have to meet with the team boss Princess Lungile first before we can reveal the names of the players. We should have done this this week, but we were disturbed by the other issue you were asking me about.”
Post Your Comments Below
I am writing this article on a cool Sunday morning of June 16, 2019; coincidentally it’s Fa...
All material © Swazi Observer. Material may not be published or reproduced in any form without prior written permission.
Design by Real Image Internet