Thursday 2018-08-16

advertisement

FULL STORY

FIFA INSTRUCTOR WANTS ESWATINI REFS IN CAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

By Jongile Xuba | 2018-08-11

SOCCER – FIFA Instructor Felix Tangawarima has challenged local referees to work hard in order to earn a spot in the CAF Champions League next season.

The instructor made the comments during the closing of the FIFA MA Course held at the Eswatini Football Association (EFA) Technical Centre at Lobamba.

Tangawarima said that he was impressed with the commitment shown by the participants especially because it was challenging. The course, which started on Monday, comprised of 80 per cent practical work with the other 20 per cent being theoretical based.

Due to the impressive showing by the referees who were present at the course, the FIFA instructor then set a mandate for the EFA to make sure that it sends some local referees to be part of the CAF Champions League.

One of the participants Celimphilo Makhubu got a special mention from the instructor as he was the youngest  (18), amongst the current group but he still managed to see out the course. Speaking on behalf of the participants was Thulani Sibandze.

He thanked the EFA and FIFA for providing them with the invaluable lessons received from Tangawarima. Sibandze said that because they had received the right training during the course of the week, they would definitely go into the new season better and improved.

EFA President Adam ‘Bomber’ Mthethwa said that he wanted the referees to take the lessons learnt and use them to be better. He also urged them to be braver when making calls in the game and not to shy away from criticism.

 The president thanked the FIFA instructor for dedicating himself towards helping the country’s referees.

share story          

Email Google LinkedIn Print Twitter

Post Your Comments Below









OTHER STORIES

search news


The Presidency has hinted that it may seek a legal fees refund from former president Jacob Zuma &...

read more         [ 391 ] views

We are all familiar with the use of antiretroviral therapy (ART) as lifelong treatment of HIV in ...

read more         [ 247 ] views

SOCCER - MBABANE Swallows are currently assessing a Gabonese defender by the name of Stevy Nzambe...

read more         [ 692 ] views

THE Swaziland Public Procurement Regulatory Agency (SPPRA) has partnered with Mananga Management ...

read more         [ 306 ] views



World News